The LinkedIn Personal Mentoring Programme
Okay confession time – if you had told me a couple of years ago that I would be training and mentoring my clients in how to use LinkedIn as a Business Building tool I would have laughed at you. I HATED LinkedIn – I mean I didn’t just dislike it, I totally hated it and I was very willing to say this to anyone who asked.
I loved Social Media and I was blown away by how powerful it was as a connecting tool – I used Twitter extensively when I first set up my HR Consultancy business and got the majority of my early clients from connections I made on there. Later on when I moved more directly into Coaching and away from Consultancy I started using Facebook a lot, particularly Groups.
But not LinkedIn – I had a profile (don’t we all?), I responded to connection requests, I sent connection requests to people I knew or that I met at Networking events, I joined some groups but in reality months could go past and I never even logged in.
So what changed?
2016 was a difficult year for me business-wise. I was feeling really exhausted by the effort I had been putting in for the past 5 or so years to grow my business, I felt like I was going backwards and was starting to wonder if it was ever going to work for me.
Things came to a head in October 2016 when I finally got to that crossroads in my life that I had been dreading where I either had to start getting results or I had to seriously consider other alternatives.
So what does all this have to do with LinkedIn? Firstly I decided to claim my space in a very over crowded sector – Business Coaching – by declaring myself as The Business Coach for Independent HR Consultants. This was nothing new to be honest – HR Consultants have always made up at least 75% of my client base, but up to this point I had not declared this to be my specialism.
Secondly – once I had made this decision there was no avoiding the fact that LinkedIn was going to be where I would be able to find and connect with the right people. I knew they were there – I just wasn’t sure how to find them and what to say to them.
Fast forward 12 months and LinkedIn has changed everything for me.
- My business trebled in 4 months and then doubled again the following quarter
- I achieved my annual income goal in the first 3 months of 2017
- I ran a launch campaign that generated £3K in just 4 days
- I have been able to sign up at least 2 new clients every month consistently since November 2016
All of this has been directly attributable to my LinkedIn activity. I finally realised that I didn’t really hate LinkedIn at all – I just didn’t understand it and I didn’t know how to use it.
So now I am still Coaching and mentoring and training Independent HR Consultants and LinkedIn training has become a significant part of that which is why I launched The LinkedIn Personal Mentoring Programme in September 2017.
Who is the Programme for?
This programme is for Independent Consultants who need clients, who know that LinkedIn presents a golden opportunity to find, connect with and do business with exactly the clients you are looking for – clients who can see the value of what you are offering, who need it, who are happy to pay you to deliver what they want. Now if you could just figure how how to get it to work….
- You know that they are there – so why is it so difficult to get things started?
- Why are your posts getting little or no traction?
- Why is it that even when you do get good engagement on a post it doesn’t seem to turn into anything tangible?
- What are you supposed to be doing after you connect with people to move the relationship forwards?
Sometimes you can be looking so hard for a solution that you can’t see it, even though it may be right in front of you. You can’t understand what the problem is, let alone what to do about it.
How does the programme work?
Information is all well and good – and widely available. If information was all you needed to get this to work then you would be well on your way. This programme is a 1:1 programme where we will work together for ten weeks to put all of the pieces of your LinkedIn strategy together so you can start seeing real results.
The areas we will be working on include;
- Identifying your specific target audience – this is perhaps the most key piece of all.
- Updating your profile, headline and summary to speak directly to the needs and interests of your target audience.
- Getting clarity on exactly what to say with your LinkedIn activity to attract and hold the attention of your target audience.
- Growing your network to include exactly those business owners that you would love to do business with.
- How to use the free LinkedIn search tools to find your ideal clients
- Creating a step by step process including scripts and templates to go from initial connection to initial conversation and beyond.
- Developing a set of daily practices that you can easily fit into your schedule that will improve your visibility and enable you to maximise your available time.
The Practical Details
There are 5 x 60 minute 1:1 sessions with me which take place at fortnightly intervals during the ten weeks of the programme. The specific dates for these calls are agreed between us and scheduled in at the start of the programme.
Once you book in you are sent a Pre Programme questionnaire which helps me to identify your specific goals and exactly what we need to be working on during the programme.
You get access to ongoing support and input from me between the calls via email while you are developing your LinkedIn strategy and process – it is easy to get stuck or to get diverted and I am committed to supporting you to achieve your LinkedIn goals.
Is this the Programme for you?
This programme is for you if;
- You have a service based Business and you sell (or are intending to sell) those services to other Business Owners.
- You have a specific target market or are open to the idea of focusing on a specific target market for the purpose of this programme.
- You are committed to spending a minimum of 30 minutes a day working on your LinkedIn activity for the duration of the programme.
- You know that your ideal clients are to be found on LinkedIn but you have so far had little or no success in using the platform to find paying clients.
What would it mean to you if you could really use LinkedIn to find paying clients?
One client would probably be more than enough to justify your investment in this programme but this programme will give you the skills and tools to be able to leverage LinkedIn as a business building tool for months and years to come.
The LinkedIn Personal Mentoring Programme is currently fully booked
Lovely things people say
“Thanks for a fantastic opportunity Tracey, this process has been transformational.”
“Tracey helped me to sort out a challenge of communication that I’ve had for nearly nine years in the short time I worked with her.”
“Tracey was great at brainstorming with me to pull out the things that I needed to prioritise on, and the actions I needed to take in the short, medium and long term to move forward.”
“Tracey is always above and beyond what is expected of her”.
“At all times Tracey was professional, supportive and, above all, flexible to meet my agenda. She used her own extensive HR knowledge to ask insightful, challenging questions in our sessions and helped me gain real clarity in what I should be focusing on each step of the way”.